I Can’t Wait to… MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails! We are a volunteer-driven organization with over 3,000 men and women across New Mexico dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place!
Our volunteers provide the support, experience, skill building, mentorship, and outstanding example that change the lives of young women. No matter your interests, abilities, location, or time constraints – YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE and we’d love to have you join our team!
You can get started today by completing the following steps:
- I can’t wait to…learn about Girl Scouts! GSUSA’s online video, Girl Scouting 101 is a great introduction to our program, who we are, and what we do! (Password: aboutGS101)
- I can’t wait to…learn about Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails! Every council does things a little differently, so whether you’re a seasoned scout or just getting started, completing Orientation is the perfect way to get started!
Orientation video links: Part 1 & Part 2
- I can’t wait to…meet my Local Service Unit Team! Visit our Service Unit page to find your local team of experienced volunteer leaders & your Regional Manager.
- I can’t wait to…work directly with girls! Complete a Background Check online. It’s quick, easy, and FREE! (Password: GirlScoutsRock)
For more information about our Background Check Process, click here.
Many of our volunteer’s can’t wait to…lead a troop! Troop leaders are required to complete all of the above steps successfully and then attend a final in-person course.
- I can’t wait to…take Troop Training! Troop Essentials is a 3-hour crash course on the basics of becoming a troop leader. These trainings are done locally, so your Service Unit and your Regional Manager will be key in getting you registered for this course.
- I can’t wait to…find a co-leader! Leading a troop requires two non-related adults who have completed all of the above requirements, one of whom is female. Troop numbers are assigned to leaders who have completed all required steps.