2013 GSNMT STEM Camporee!
October 19 - 20, 2013 at Loretto Park in Bernalillo
Thanks to all who attended!
Saturday, October 19:
10am-12pm: Check in and set up campsite
12-5pm: Exhibits and activities
6-8pm: Dinner (provided)
7:30pm Evening entertainment
Sunday, October 20:
Breakfast and evaluation
Explore Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through fun and educational activities such as interactive exhibits and hands-on activities during our 3rd Annual Camporee. Join us at the Exhibitors Fair to explore the wonders of STEM with LEGO robotics, build solar cars with Intel engineers, climb a rock wall, and create your own camporee video! Enjoy live evening entertainment and traditional Girl Scout fun. Are you having so much fun you don’t want to go home? Camp out with over 1,000 of your Girl Scout sisters! All registered Girl Scouts and their adult chaperones are welcome to camp out!
Robotics and Engineering
Program a LEGO Mindstorm!
Operate a robotic arm!
Make a bouncing ball out of household products!
Build a solar car with Intel engineers!
Nature and Sciences
Sun spot using a solar telescope!
Launch a hydrogen rocket!
Explore the world of volcanoes!
Learn about corn plastic and biotechnologies!
Some of our exhibitors will include: Dominic Sedillo the Caricature Artist, Valles Caldera, Ag In the Classroom, Challenger Space Center, The Albuquerque Astronomical Society, University of New Mexico American Chemical Society, Avocado Technologies, First Lego League and Jr. FLL, Big Sky Learning, Blue Star Mothers Arts and Crafts, Solar Car Building with by Intel Volunteers, and the City of Albuquerque Rock Wall!
Who can attend: Registered Girl Scouts, Troops, Families ... and even girls who are not yet Girl Scouts!
- All girls participating in overnight camping must be registered Girl Scouts.
- FAMILY CAMPING: adults and siblings participating in family camping do not need to be registered Girl Scouts.
- TROOP CAMPING: adults participating in troop camping must be registered Girl Scouts and have a current, approved background check on file.
- Children are the responsibility of parent/guardian and/or troop leader.
How to participate:
- Day participation ($15): join Girl Scouts, troops, and families in interactive and educational activities, dinner, and the evening program.
- Day and overnight participation ($20): join Girl Scouts, troops, and families in interactive and educational activities, dinner, evening program, overnight camping, and breakfast.
Registration is closed for the 2013 GSNMT STEM Camporee!!! Registration deadline is September 24. Cost:
$15 for the day event: includes patch, dinner, and evening entertainment
$20 for the entire event: includes patch, dinner, breakfast, and evening entertainment
Camporee t-shirts ($15 each) will be available for purchase at the Camporee.
Volunteer Opportunities. Contact Alex Kiryakakis for information firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-983-6339
Exhibitor Interest Form. Organizations and companies interested in providing educational or interactive activities for the 2013 GSNMT STEM Camporee should fill out this exhibitor form and return to the STEM Program Manager by September 27.
Thank you to our 2013 Sponsors!
Check out this video from last year's Camporee: