Resources for adults working with girls and their parents
Adults act as coaches who help girls develop leadership skills by using these three processes:
- Girl-led: Girls play an active part in figuring out the what, where, when, how, and why of their activities. They lead the planning and decision-making as much as possible.
- Learning by doing: Girls engage in continuous cycles of action and reflection that result in deeper understanding of concepts and mastery of practical skills.
- Cooperative learning: Girls work together toward shared goals in an atmosphere of respect and collaboration that encourages the sharing of skills, knowledge, and learning.
Practical Tips for Parents (PDF)
Volunteer How-To Guide from Little Brownie Bakers
(PDF, English), (PDF, Spanish), (Online interactive guide)
Kick off this cookie season with a high energy, activity packed Cookie Rally while you show girls how to be successful in the Cookie Program. We've put together irresistible ideas for bringing lots of fun, learning and girl motivation together into one big cookie kick-off event. Whether you participate in our second annual national cookie kick-off, Cookies Live!, or decide to design your own rally, it's a skill building good time that generates great results.
- Girl Scout Cookie Program: 5 Skills for Girls Toolkit (facing pages) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Girl Scout Cookie Program: 5 Skills for Girls Toolkit (single-page format) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Financial Empowerment, the K-12 Program (facing pages) (PDF) — English | Spanish
- Financial Empowerment, the K-12 Program (single-page format) (PDF) — English | Spanish
Handouts from "5 Skills for Girls" Toolkit
Cookie Program Certificates