New Mexico First Lego League
Hey there, FIRST LEGO League enthusiasts!
The 1st NM FLL Adult Tournament is just a month away - August 9, 2013 - pit set up starting at 6:30 at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science. (See the attached flyer.)
There are three ways you can be involved --
- Form a team - if you wish to compete. There is still time to prepare.
- Attend the event - observe the competition and enjoy the Museum's Art & Science Night - Flash back to the 80’s.
- Sponsor participant/team awards for the event. You can contribute the cost of one or more tickets to the Titanic exhibit (~$20 each). Please RSVP to this message if you wish to be a sponsor.
We hope to see you there!
For more information, to register, or to find out how to start up an FLL team of your own, email New Mexico First Lego League.
Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President
White House Science Fair wrap-up:
KASA New Mexico Style segment: Meet a team of Los Alamos Girl Scouts who are headed to the First Lego League Championship in St. Louis, Missouri later this month. Joining Nikki with their invention are the Atomic Flying Pickles, Evelyn Doebling, Lauren Stubben, Haylee Richardson, Catherine Rousculp, and Summer Bronson, sixth graders at Mountain Elementary School. They talk about the First Lego League and the World Championship, share their inventions and talk about this year's theme, "Senior Solutions."
Congratulations to our Girl Scout FIRST® LEGO® League Teams!!!
At the New Mexico FIRST® LEGO® League Tournament on Saturday January 26, GSNMT was represented by six FLL Teams and two Jr. FLL Teams.
Albuquerque Metro GS Teams: Gear Girls, Noisy X-treme Team, Goddesses of LEGO Mechanics, Super Dots-The Sequel, The Blue Penguins (Jr. FLL), and The Cuties (Jr. FLL).
Los Alamos GS Teams: The Atomic Flying Pickles and Banoona Skunk Band.
GS Team achievements:
- The Atomic Flying Pickles won 1st place!
- Gear Girls won the Research Award
- Banoona Skunk Band won the Inspiration Award
- Super Dots-The Sequel won the Gracious Professionalism Award
Atomic Flying Pickles and their 1st place trophy!
GSNMT & FLL Partnership
The Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails is proud to be an Affiliate Partner with the New Mexico FIRST® LEGO® League.
January 26, 2013 - 9:00am-5:00pm at Albuquerque Academy
It included --
- Junior FIRST LEGO League - a morning Expo for our 16 teams, for students ages 6-9
- FIRST LEGO League - competition events during the day for the 29 teams, from throughout the state of New Mexico and one from Colorado, for students ages 9-14
All FIRST events were free and open to the public. Please see the flyer below more details about the past event.
New Mexico FLL State Championship Tournament - FLL® Challenge - Senior Solutions
New Mexico Jr.FLL State Expo - Jr.FLL® Challenge – Super Seniors, exploring quality of life for senior citizens
more info at www.nmfll.org
Click here for the 2013 FLL Flyer