One hundred percent of the money that a council and its troops raise through the Girl Scout Cookie Program stays with that council and its troops. Again, let there be no question: all of the revenue from cookie activities—every penny after paying the baker—stays with the Girl Scout council. Girl Scout councils offer a wide variety of recognition items, program- and store-related credits, and travel experiences that girls are eligible to earn individually based on their sales. Girl Scout councils do not provide any portion of their cookie revenue to Girl Scouts of the USA.
2016 Cookie Sale
This year we had a GREAT cookie sale and we want to thank ALL of our Girl Scout Cookie Professionals!
Who are the Girl Scout Cookie Professionals? The GIRLS!
Take a look at all the amazing accomplishments girls made during the 2016 Cookie Program!
Get the Facts About Girl Scout Cookies!
Buying Girl Scout Cookies Does a World of Good
Did you know:
- GSUSA is a nonpartisan, inclusive organization. We are neither “red” nor “blue”; we are Girl Scout green! As a result of remaining nonpartisan and inclusive for over 100 years, we have been able to serve over 59 million girls, today serving 2.3 million girls in every zip code.
- The Girl Scout workforce and volunteer network is as diverse and inclusive as our membership. Our employees are thoroughly background checked, but there is no litmus test for being a Girl Scout. GSUSA does not discuss the private lives of its employees.
- Do you want to know what Girl Scouts is really about? Ask a girl! She will enthusiastically explain her experiences serving her community, meeting new friends, and discovering scholarly or professional interests.
- Do you want to know what selling Girl Scouts Cookies is really about? Ask a girl! She will enthusiastically share her goals with you!
- The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the world’s foremost entrepreneurial experience for girls. The Program equips girls with a lifetime of special skills, such as financial literacy, goal-making, and people skills. This is not a political experience; Girl Scouts is proud to be a nonpartisan, inclusive organization.
- The Girl Scout Cookie Program is a council-run business. Cookie proceeds stay in our council, and we have made decisions locally on how to run this business.
So, where exactly does the cookie money go?
Should people b concerned about where the money goes?
Why do some people voice concern about Girl Scout Cookies?
Should I buy Girl Scout Cookies?
Learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program at www.girlscoutcookies.org
Safety First: How to Have Fun, Be Safe, and Keep Girl Scout Cookie Season about the Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts, one of the most visible and well-respected organizations in America, is sometimes unjustly criticized by fringe groups with a political agenda. There have been isolated reports of cookie sale boycotting, as well as some incidents of criminality, like theft. While Girl Scouts nationwide stand united in being undeterred by criminals or fringe groups, the safety of our girls and volunteers is priority number one. Harassment of any kind is intolerable.
Here are five key safety tips to ensure Girl Scouts and Girl Scout volunteers can sell cookies safely while having tons of fun: Remember that it is all about the girls, Stay visible, Use the buddy system, Know the facts, and HAVE FUN! Click here to read more about keeping girls safe during the cookie sale.
Safety First: How to Have Fun, Be Safe, and Keep Girl Scout Cookie Season about the Girl Scouts! (pdf)