Join us for G.I.R.L. Extravaganza 2017! Engage in a variety of fun and educational hands-on activities from a range of exhibitors for the whole family. There will also be “G.I.R.L. Talk” mini sessions for older girls, 6th-12th grade from 9am to noon. Join us for the “Girl Talk sessions, day exhibitor fair, camp out overnight, or all three! G.I.R.L. EXTRAVAGANZA 2017 will be an event for all girls, troops, and families! Free for children under 4 years old .
Registration includes a participation patch. Overnight fee includes dinner and breakfast (please include any dietary restrictions with your overnight registration). You must purchase your t-shirts for $15 by September 26th to receive at the event; Click here for the t-shirt order form.
The 2017 G.I.R.L. EXTRAVAGANZA will be an event for all girls, troops, and families!
- - Day exhibitors & activities: Saturday, September 30 10am-4pm
- - Camp out: Saturday, September 30-October 1 4pm-10am
Where: Rotary Park, Bernalillo
Who: girls, troops, and families!
- - Day Registration: $5 per Girl Scout member (girl or adult) / $10 per non-Girl Scout member (youth or adult)
- - Camp out Registration: $20 per person (youth or adult) / $25 per non-Girl Scout member (youth or adult)
- Registrations will be accepted onsite for an additional $5 per person
To Register: Fill out the registration form and submit to the GSNMT office by mail, fax, or email
EXTENDED Registration Deadline: September 26
Volunteers Needed! Interested in helping out for a couple of hours? Volunteers are needed for various aspects of the Extravaganza - from set-up to registration, event support to clean up. Contact Allie if you would like to volunteer or if you have any questions about volunteering at 923-2516 or ABurnquist@nmgirlscouts.org.
Thank you to our donors! G.I.R.L. Extravaganza is funded in part by Intel, Sandia National Labs, Taos Community Foundation, Kirtland Spouses Club, and Enterprise Holdings.
Special thanks to our 2017 sponsor, Los Alamos National Bank and The Education Plan!
G.I.R.L. Extravaganza Vendors to include:
- Pet badge Workshop Silver Award Project - presentation on Brownie Scout pet badge, demonstration on small pet car
- UNM Society of Women Engineers- Snap Circuits, Lissajous pattern activity https://sites.google.com/view/unmswe)
- Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)- 3-4 chemistry activities, electrical activity, drone video activit
- New Mexico Highlands University Center for Advocacy Resources Education Support- info booth (http://www.nmhu.edu/campus-life/hu-cares/)
- Fractal Foundation- hands on fractal activities for all ages (Fractals are SMART- science, math, & art!) http://fractalfoundation.org/)
- City of Rio Rancho Water Conservation- hands on water-related activity https://rrnm.gov/176/Environmental-Programs)
- Explora!- brain teasers, bubbles, & more! (http://www.explora.us/)
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science (http://www.nmnaturalhistory.org/)
- The Naughty Plank (Don Dyer)- hand carving spoons & wood burning classes https://www.facebook.com/theNplank/)
- Mobile Ninja Park (Ninja Park ABQ)- includes our balance and parkour equipment. This setup is open for all ages and is highly adaptable to most areas. Kids under 5 usually require a hand to hold all the way through the course but they have a great time and can accomplish everything in the basic course with assistance. It is still however challenging and fun for anyone of all ages, including adults. Mobile Warped wall: The most iconic Ninja Warrior Obstacle of all time! The wall has 3 heights build into one wall 10, 12.5 and 14ft! A crowd favorite and built just like the wall on TV! Everyone loves making a run at the http://www.ninjaparkabq.com/)
- The New Mexico Museum of Space History- robotics activities to go with the new badges
- The Kindness Project- creating simple items & artful decorations to be share with people, locally, as gifts of kindness for the holidays
- Ideum- touch displays to explore (also talking about careers in STEAM)
- PanMuse, LLC + Modern Apprentice- providing a musical play space with Bandojo. Bandojo helps people of many ages and abilities to all make music together as an ensemble, each participating at their own level and with the interface that suits them.
- American Red Cross- escape route activity, fire prevention & disaster prep info
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)- shaving cream art, Oobleck activity, pH testing, and more!
- Open Source Kids