Below is an overview of programming and facilities at Camp Elliott Barker. Click this link to view a pdf of what Barker has to offer.
With over five hundred acres of vast meadows, tall pines, and little ponds, Camp Elliott Barker offers a range of outdoor experiences.
- Hiking: Miles of hiking offer access to sweeping vistas and forest discovery. Full trail maps are available from the camp ranger.
- Archery Range: Targets and equipment are available for 4th grade campers and up.
- Campfires: Beautifully situated just below Hoffman Hall, there is seating for 50 people a around a campfire circle. For a more intimate experience, gather around the fire circle in your outdoor unit.
- Challenge Course: The challenge course is ideal for small or large groups, giving the participants teamwork and communication challenges.
- High Ropes Course: With limited availability, your group can utilize the high ropes course with certified facilitators.
- Horseback Riding: With limited availability, your group can arrange to horseback ride through the camp’s miles of horse trails.
Aspen Glen. Aspen Glen is the cabin unit. There are 3 cabins with electricity and wood stoves, 6 beds in each. 5 cabins with no electricity or wood stoves, 8 beds in each. This is a rustic unit, with limited electricity and only non-potable water availability. This unit has porta potties. Aspen Glen has a fire circle and two picnic tables in the unit.
Ponderosa. Ponderosa is the platform tent unit. There are 8 platform tents with 4 cots and mattresses in each. The counselor’s tent is identified by a corner post with a light that burns all night. Access to porta potties and running (non potable) water outside Hoffman Hall. Ponderosa has a unit shelter and a fire circle in the unit.