Build It Brigade Challenge
Research shows that girls are actively interested in becoming entrepreneurs, developing financially stable futures, and using their skills to make a big impact on the world. But there are stumbling blocks on a girl’s path to entrepreneurship, including fear of failure, concerns about bringing her big idea to life, and the perception that men are more likely to be entrepreneurs than women.
Through Girl Scouts, girls learn to think like entrepreneurs as they participate in activities that spark curiosity, confidence, and innovation.
One of those activities is Build it Brigade, where girls receive a kit in the mail with all of the materials needed to build a prototype and take it to market with step-by-step instructions and worksheets that help her learn how to build a business plan, marketing plan, and make a pitch.
We invite you to participate in the Girl Scouts of New Mexico
Trails’ Build it Brigade Challenge
, where you will receive
a kit in the mail that leads you through the process to:
- Identify a problem
- Conceptualize a solution
- Create a product prototype out of LEGOS
- Develop a business and marketing plan
- Design product packaging
- Pitch the new business idea
Each kit comes with an invitation to pitch your product and business plan to a panel of girl judges who will determine the winner of the first-ever Build it Brigade Challenge in a Shark Tank-style competition that will take place virtually on December 3, 2020.
Each registration for the Build it Brigade Challenge includes:
- A Build it Brigade kit with all of the supplies and instructions to create a product prototype out of LEGOS, develop a business and marketing plan, design product packaging, and pitch your new business idea.
- An invitation to pitch your product and business idea in a Shark Tank-style competition judged by girls.
- Verbal and written acknowledgment for your role in supporting future female entrepreneurs.
Individual Participants: $250
Corporate Participants: $1000 (up to 5 registrations)
Deadline to register: November 9, 2020