GSNMT Council Delegates
Delegate names were to be submitted by the Service Unit to Council by May 15, 2013.
Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails delegates elect the Board of Directors, Board Officers, and members of the Board Development Committee at the Council Annual Meeting. Throughout the year, delegates respond to requests for consultation from the Board and in this way influence the decisions of the Board as they fulfill their governance responsibilities. Additionally, delegates represent the council at the National Council Meeting held every three years. The roles and responsibilities of the delegates and of the board are described in the council’s by-laws (click here to access the GSNMT bylaws).
Delegate Eligibility and Responsibilities
- Must be a registered member 14 years or older.
- Serve a one-year term.
- Will vote in the elections of Council Officers, members of the Board of Directors, and GSUSA National Council Delegates.
- Will have the opportunity to serve on task groups exploring special topics and projects.
- Will identify and make known major issues affecting girls and adult volunteers.
- Attend and participate in our council's Annual Meeting.
Delegate Training GSNMT requires all delegates complete training before performing their duties at the Annual Meeting. 2013 Delegate training is available online: GSNMT 2013 Delegate Training Video (external ink through YouTube). Further training is available upon request.