What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and
Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access
18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which
provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Girl Scout Volunteers are our heroes. When they selflessly give of their time, talents and hearts to help us build girls of courage, confidence and character, they make every adventure possible. They help us cheer on our girls to empower them to believe and know that they can do and be anything they dream of.
That’s why we created the Volunteer Toolkit, a digital planning tool built with our amazing volunteers in mind. Full of easy-to-use and fully customizable tools, the Volunteer Toolkit helps you leave the stack of books behind, and successfully manage your troop right from your computer, phone or tablet—cool!
- Plan your full troop year
- Manage your troop finances
- Access your girl and family roster
- Track your girls’ achievements and attendance
- And so much more!
Check out all that the Volunteer Toolkit can help you accomplish with this awesome playlist.
Ready to revolutionize your Girl Scout experience? Contact us today!