Product Sales Manager
This position works in collaboration with the Director of Sales and other council departments to ensure the successful execution of product sales campaigns (cookies and MagNuts) to achieve the council strategic goals and department objectives; while developing training and overseeing volunteers as well as supporting girls and parents with logistics and ensuring the day-to-day operations proceed efficiently and effectively. Provides professional, quality customer service to internal and external customers and presents a positive image of Girl Scouts.
- Ensures all council-sponsored product sales are in compliance with the standards as set forth by council policy and procedures, GSUSA, and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Develops and executes the product sales program experience focusing on the five financial literacy skills and provides learning tied to the 15 leadership outcomes.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates adequate training and training materials for volunteers and parents (i.e. manuals, forms, and paperwork) to enhance product sales program experiences throughout the council.
- Maintains all product sales records to ensure accuracy amongst being a critical thinker and innovator, challenging the way things are done to achieve growth and profitability.
- In partnership with the Director of Sales, provides input on developing the annual marketing plan for all annual product sales campaigns.
- Inspires others and ensures outstanding customer service at all levels.
- Oversees inventory management and logistical planning while continually seeking greater efficiencies and cost savings.
- In partnership with the Finance Department, manages the collections of all product sales funds via internal collection procedures and the council’s contracted collection agency.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of council-wide initiatives and/or cross-functional teams.
- Administrative, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Experience in the training and motivation of volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to solicit contributions to Girl Scouts.
- Strong skills in providing quality customer service.
- Efficient organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of staff and volunteer/staff teams.
- Ability to use computers in day to day work.
- Ability to design creative and innovative program opportunities.
- Ability to support the retail store.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work outside, regardless of weather conditions, during certain times of the MagNut and Cookie Sale season, including but not limited to cookie deliveries and pickups and cookie cupboards.
- Maintains an extended work schedule during certain times of the MagNut and Cookie Sale season, including but not limited to training, reporting/paperwork deadlines from troops and Service Units, cookie deliveries, and pickups, and cookie cupboards.
- Ability to lift product sales inventory (i.e. cookie cases and other vendor deliveries) up to and including 30 pounds without assistance. Seeks help from other staff members if lifting 30+ lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Able to drive a vehicle.
- Able to climb ladders, bend, kneel, sit, stand, stretch, and pull.
- Able to see normal print and computer screens.
- Able to hear and speak to people in person and on the telephone.
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured and operational vehicle.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Director of Administration and Operations, Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails, Inc., 4000 Jefferson Plaza NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109 no later than May 8, 2020.