Announcing the Cookie Boss Radio Challenge
Through a partnership with Cumulus Media Group, Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails is thrilled to announce the first-ever Cookie Boss Radio Challenge! One team of Cadettes, Seniors, and/or Ambassadors will earn a 500-box cookie buy by following the steps in the Cookie Boss patch program and making a “pitch” to a panel of celebrity judges… all on the radio!
Five teams of up to three Girl Scouts will be selected by a neutral third party to compete in this “Shark Tank” style competition. The panel of judges (made up of business and community leaders) will select one team to win the 500-box cookie buy.
All Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors (CSAs) are invited to submit an audition video for a chance to pitch to the panel of judges and have their pitch played over several radio stations. Finalists selected to compete will be notified by email no later than February 23.
- Start by downloading the Cookie Boss Patch workbook and following the steps to make a pitch.
- Audition videos must be submitted by 11:59 pm on 2/18 (see below for upload info).
- Audition videos must be of the pitch the team will make to the judges and only include the Girl Scouts who will be present if the team is selected as a finalist.
- Audition videos may not be longer than 2 minutes.
- Teams can be made up of 1-3 girls (this limit is in place by the radio stations, not the council).
- Five teams will be selected by a neutral party to make their pitch to a panel of judges.
- Judges will be announced in advance so teams may personalize their pitch.
- Teams can be made up of individuals, troop members, friends, or siblings, but all must be active Girl Scouts (CSAs only) participating in the 2024 cookie program.
- Multiple teams from the same troop can submit a video; the selection panel will not know which troop each team is associated with.
- Finalists must be able to make their pitch live at Cumulus Media in downtown Albuquerque on the afternoon of 2/28 (exact time TBD).
- 500 boxes will be purchased from one winning team as Cookie Share and should be evenly distributed between members of the winning team.
All teams who submit a video will earn their 2024 Cookie Boss patch (teams not selected for the final competition will be paired with a local business to make their pitch in person just as the finalists will do).
Ready to submit your audition video? Email [email protected] for instructions and a secure link!