What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Taking girls outside can be a fun time for everyone as girls develop outdoor skills and a passion for nature.
Now it’s even easier for Girl Scout volunteers to introduce girls to
the wonders of hiking and camping. Whether you’re a camping pro, or
just starting out, you can help girls of all ages have a positive
experience in the great outdoors.
Thanks to a grant from the Elliott Wildlife Values Project, we’ve created eight outdoor skill-building videos especially for volunteers newer to Girl Scouts and older Girl Scouts as they take younger girls outside.